Sunday 4 November 2012

As you already know, I am currently a freshman at University of Mount Union. Even I am new here but I have known a lot of people. And one of the people that I suppose to be a true genius is Dr. Mark McConnell. He is a marketing professor. Surprisingly, I don't have any class with him yet. So how do I know if he's a genius?

At the beginning of the semester, I signed up to be a part of AMA, a marketing association at my college. I went to some meetings, talked to a lot of people. And soon after, I had a chance to meet the supervisor of this association. That is Dr. McConnell. He put a strong impress on me the first time we talked. It was when Dr. and a couple of students, including me, went to a conference in Akron, OH. He soon marketed himself as a successful man without any hesitation. And it did not make me think that he was a show up guy or anything. The way he talked about his business career was really admirable. Dr. McConnell is a professor at my college but he is also a businessman who owns a company. He told me that he mastered to the point that he doesn't have to go to work at his company but still receive profits from it. How amazing is that?

Also, I acknowledge that he's a genius is by the way he talks. He has his own way to attract people to his stories. First, he dares talk to people about what he really thinks and he has a strong will of making decision for what he wants to do. Even he is not my official advisor but he still wants to help me with schedule because he knows what he is doing and he knows what I need to my major. However, the subtle part here is he tries not to step over my official supervisor's toes. He carefully gives me advice but basing on what my own professor suggested. And I totally put my trust on him.

Being a genius here doesn't mean that you have to invent something incredible or do audacious things. It is when you dare show yourself to the world, when you are able to work to succeed. Mark is a really successful man with his genius mind. The proof is his private company and the people that admire him a lot. Yes he has made such incredible remarks in everyone's mind. And that makes him a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment