Thursday 13 September 2012

It's humorous to watch John Cleese speaking :D


Creativity is not talent. According to Cleese’s, creativity is what happens in everyday life. You train yourself to be creative and it is not hard to be creative. In my perspective, creativity is when you are inspired by external factors of the environment where you live in or when you are pushed to be creative as doing an creative assignment in class. It is talent too. When you are able to think uniquely every time, everywhere; it means you have to have that inner quality inside of you.

First of all, thinking openly is one factor that helps you be creative. An open mode is a situation that a person is ready to take any idea that comes from the outside of their mind. The person is able to force herself to adjust her mind to think of something different. For example, there was one time that I came to the airport and got stuck there for hours. I did neither have a cellphone nor change to call from the phone booth because no one would exchange my bills to their coins. I was hopeless. But the more I felt desperate, the more I got stuck in this situation. Therefore, I forced myself to think more optimistically. I came to a strange old man and asked him for help. It happened that he agreed to let me use his cellphone so I could call my parents to pick me up. That should be one time that an open mode is used in my life.

There is also a true fact that when you are humorous and ready to make jokes, it makes you become more creative. Once again I take myself as an example. Apparently, every friend of mine says that I am crazy because I always joke around them. I laugh more than necessary and every time I feel happy, I feel hyper and it makes me think of doing things that other people do not dare to do. It is like a stimulation that pushes me to a top mood where I am able to be such a creative person. On the contrary, with a person that is always so serious, supposedly she or he would not even think outside of the box. The thoughts of that person will be stereotypical because they are always in one angry, cranky mood to think of something more positive. When it is not positive, there is no creativity.

As a matter of fact, I cannot force myself to be at a certain mood. However, I am able to do so when the external perspectives are stimulus enough to make me be in an exact expression. Hence, it is sure that creativity is not necessary talent but what you put yourself into in everyday life. You want yourself to think openly to create new things. It is good to be positive and open in order to be creative.  

No comments:

Post a Comment